This webinar explored the realities of using the storage you have to the best benefit of collections.
Recorded: Monday, March 5, 2012
Duration: Approximately 60 minutes
Guest Experts: Laura Hortz Stanton, Director of Preservation Services at the Conservation Center for Art and Historic Artifacts (CCAHA) and Julia Clark, Curator of Collections at the Abbe Museum.
Host: Elsa Huxley, Director of Communications, Heritage Preservation
- CCAHA Technical Bulletin: Light Levels for Storage and Exhibition
- CCAHA Technical Bulletin: Criteria for Selecting Housing Materials for Photographs
- NetNebraska’s Saving Your Treasures: Storage
- Northeast Document Conservation Center (NDCC): Storage Methods and Handling Practices
- National Park Service Conserve O Gram: Determining Museum Storage Equipment Needs
- National Park Service Conserve O Gram: Determining Museum Storage Space Requirements
- Canadian Conservation Institute (CCI): Notes on Storage
Resources Shared on Live Chat
- Locally Available Material List from Julia Clark
- Live Chat transcript from 2/23/12 webinar on this topic
PLEASE NOTE: The archive will launch in a new window; please make sure that pop-up blockers are turned off.
For closed captions, please access this via this link.