Connecting to Collections Care Online Community

library collection

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Evelyn
      Participant

I am caring for a large, mixed collection. Previously, we treated archival library books as museum artefacts. this was time consuming and we are extremely back logged. Many of the books have lost the provenance. For now, and to keep track of them, I am just going to list them digitally, store in archival boxes and print list of books to tape to cover. Many of them are in very poor condition, we should not even be collecting them as they have no provenance and the condition is such they can’t be regularly handled. DE accessioning is such a touchy subject but they were never accessioned to begin with. How does your museum deal with artifact library collections? What do you advise?

Susan-1

Dear Evelyn,

As the Community Coordinator, I have passed your question over to John Simmons to consider for the webinar scheduled for November 19th. Sign up and listen to John’s webinar on Deaccessioning and I am sure he will consider your question. Our webinars are free.

Susan

Evelyn
        Participant

thanks Susan, I am already signed up!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Connecting to Collections Care Forum Archives – 2015 through 2018’ is closed to new topics and replies.