Connecting to Collections Care Online Community

Artifact labels

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Ronald Heroux
      Participant

What materials/software/techniques do you folks use to create spiffy museum artifact display labels? Avery templates look useable, and a couple of higher end museum softare programs produce some labels, I know.

Athena Moore
      Participant

Hi Ronald! Are you hoping to have these materials be archival? Do you have limitations in terms of what your institution can provide as far as materials or computer abilities are concerned?

Ronald Heroux
      Participant

I am thinking of free-standing labels, mostly tent-styled, which would not have to be of archival material. I have good computer skills, and our society could stand the cost of materials if not extravagant.

Susan-1

Ronald – take a look at Beverly Serrell’s book, Exhibition Labels. I understand there is a now a new edition. It goes into great detail about setting up labels, computer considerations, typography, etc. Then use archival card stock and archival inks to print your labels.

Athena Moore
        Participant

Beverly’s book is a great resource. Thanks, Susan!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Connecting to Collections Care Forum Archives – 2015 through 2018’ is closed to new topics and replies.