Connecting to Collections Care Online Community

archival paper fasteners

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Jen Hughes
      Participant

I am keeping my folders stuffed at a conservative rate (2 finger’s width), but find that I often need to distinguish several groups of papers from each other in the same folder, because they are related.

I think the standard half-fold of acid-paper won’t be enough. Has anyone had experience with stainless steel paper clips or rustproof staples? Are there other methods to maintaining related groupings of papers in the same folder?

Thank you!

Charlene Martin
      Participant

I am keeping my folders stuffed at a conservative rate (2 finger’s width), but find that I often need to distinguish several groups of papers from each other in the same folder, because they are related.

I think the standard half-fold of acid-paper won’t be enough. Has anyone had experience with stainless steel paper clips or rustproof staples? Are there other methods to maintaining related groupings of papers in the same folder?

Thank you!

Ella Rayburn

Is is an archival grouping or working office papers?
        May I suggest two fingers width is too much for paper but adequate when measuring bourbon. Suggest dividing your papers into more folders. Stainless steel paper clips can leave pinch marks; need to use folded archival paper to cushion the clips. Plastic is out of favor, of course. If these are archival papers then you can not use staples, adding damaging holes. If they are not an archive, but office working papers, I see no problem with using staples.

Charlene Martin
        Participant

Thank you Ella! Now where is that bourbon 😉

Ella Rayburn

Since my reply didn’t visibly post, I was not sure if you would see it. Hope I helped. Sometimes just a little chat can clear up some questions. Living in the snow belt, I consider bourbon a storm provision to lay in. I have 4 kinds to suit my taste buds.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘Connecting to Collections Care Forum Archives – 2015 through 2018’ is closed to new topics and replies.