Rental of display cases

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I just got an urgent email from a professor who would like to rent some display cases for vintage post cards for an exhibition in August in Washington DC. Does anyone have a source for these kinds of rentals? I think the rental period would be two months. Thanks

Jenny Arena

Misha, I’m curious what institution will house the exhibition?

Hi Jenny,
      It will be at the Pepco Edison Place Gallery, but from what this professor has told me they do not have sufficient table cases to handle the displays. Because the cases will be holding paper artifacts for such a brief period, I think basic, proper, and sensible precautions should be sufficient. I have not done a site check or anything yet.

Jenny Arena

That’s a tough one and I’m sorry I can’t be more helpful. My only suggestion would be to call around to local, perhaps smaller institutions to find out if they would be willing to loan unused cases. Another option is to check out: http://www.exhibitfiles.org/ where you can post this same question to exhibition designers.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘C2C Community Archives – 2012 through 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.