Motion Picture Reels: Seeking Lists of Vendors

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hello Everyone,

We are currently seeking to reformat numerous acetate motion picture films to digital files. While I have a few potentional vendors in mind, I’d like to learn who you have worked well with in the past, especially regarding large-scale projects.

Many thanks for your insight,
      Corry Kanzenberg
      Curator of Collections and Exhibitions
      National Scouting Museum

L. James Hansmann
      Participant

About one year ago we had a 16 mm video of the 1970 move of our Denver & Rio Grande Depot from original site to current location. We were referred to CinemaLab in Denver. We worked with Robert David at CinemaLab and were very happy with the digitization that resulted. They can clean the original, make a conservation copy, and then the digital product. They can be reached at 303-783-1020.

Jim Hansmann
      Collections Curator
      Castl Rock History Museum

We’ve dealt with Palmer Multimedia Imaging in Williamsport, PA
      We’ve been happy with their work. Wayne Palmer can be reached at pmi@palmermultimedia.com

Janice Ogurcak
      Director
      Peter J. McGovern Little League Museum

Beth Heller
      Participant

I also strongly recommend CinemaLab in Englewood, Colorado. Not only did they do a wonderful job with 4 of the American Alpine Club’s 16mm acetate films (1926-1933) but they advised me quite a bit about writing our NFPF grant.

I also purchased rehousing materials from Stil Designs in Montreal.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘C2C Community Archives – 2012 through 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.