Looking for volunteers for a Flickr thesis project

Welcome to Connecting to Collections Care Forums Group Forums C2C Community Archives – 2012 through 2014 Looking for volunteers for a Flickr thesis project

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all,

I’m a graduate student working on a master’s thesis about crowdsourcing to collect or improve museum/archives collections data. I’m looking for collections people who would be interested in gathering images and their metadata and uploading both to Flickr. I have written instructions for using Sammu (freeware for Macs) to compile object metadata with images for easy uploading to Flickr. I need volunteers to follow my documentation and tell me how it worked for them.

I don’t have any requirements for number of images. (I’ve been testing the process with batches of about 20 images at a time.) Also, you do not necessarily need to make these images available to the general public or ask the public to make comments or tags. I am just looking to test a process that simplifies uploading images with metadata.

If you think you might be interested, please take a look at my website, which has the documentation.
      http://www.museumdataplayground.com/volunteers/
      You can ask me questions through the site or send me an email.

Thanks!
      Christine

Christine Osborne
      christineosborne71@gmail.com

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘C2C Community Archives – 2012 through 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.