IPM In Emerging Economies and Third World

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Linda Kemp

I’m currently researching how museums in the third world or emerging economies such as Brazil, India, and other areas such as Africa, implement IPM, or if in fact if they are unable to implement it due to lack of funding? Does anyone have any resources or experiences they could share?

Linda Kemp

Hi Valeria, IPM – Integrated Pest Management. I am researching this in conjunction with my dissertation for my BSc in Conservation. I am trying to find ways that institutions/collections in places such as Brazil or Africa cope with pest management and if they do use holistic methods rather than just blast with chemicals. It would help inform the way we can introduce IPM into even the most cash strapped small museums in the UK. If you have anything you can help with, it would be most useful as you seem to be in the right area!

Many thanks for the clarification re: IPM. That is what I thought you were refering to but it’s good to double check. This serious problem of mold and insects infestations is something that we are currently working with many conservators and scientists in relation to climate change and negative effects of global warming.

If you send me an especific question and your contact info; then I can pass your inquire in the thematic network MEEP (metales en el papel/ metals in paper) in the following email: . This is a forum mainly of Spanish and Portuguese speakers that work in cultural heritage in many countries and various continents.

http://orlandinivaleria.blogspot.com/p/english.html

You can see many images with materials affected with pest damages as well as mold infestations from collections in Latin American countries.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘C2C Community Archives – 2012 through 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.