humidifiers

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hello all,
      I am having trouble keeping the humidity levels in the collections storage room at a reasonable level this winter.  Has anyone had success doing this with a humidifier?  There was one when I began here 10 years ago, but I threw it out as it was grungy and possibly moldy.  If you have a brand name, please let me know.
      Thank you!
      Judy

Judy,

We have a chronic humidity problem in the winter. Our collections are stored in two different rooms and we have two different humidifiers, an Essick Air and a Lasko. Both work pretty well. The Lasko is a bit larger but the refill tank is small so it takes mutliple trips to refill whereas the Essick Air has one big tank. Both work in a satisfactory manner. If you can afford it, I would spring for the digital version so that you can set a specific relative humidity. If you don’t get the digital version be aware that you will have to adjust the humidistat slightly throughout the day to adjust for small fluctuations in the temperature. Doable but annoying.

Lena

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘C2C Community Archives – 2012 through 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.