finding climate-controlled storage units for archival collections

Welcome to Connecting to Collections Care Forums Group Forums C2C Community Archives – 2012 through 2014 finding climate-controlled storage units for archival collections

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Jen Hughes
      Participant

Good afternoon everyone-

I hope this doesn’t sound too crazy, but does anyone have any advice re: finding climate-controlled storage units that are suitable for archival storage? My religious congregation needs to find storage space for two record group collections (which include 3-d objects), about 798 lft. The congregation doesn’t know of any like institutions that can provide storage space, and I don’t know of any because I am secular and new to religious archives. My congregation has asked me to investigate local self-storage units that offer climate control, but before I set off in that direction, I wanted to check with you all first. Does anyone know of any archive collections that have done this sort of thing before, are there specific providers I should be looking for, etc?

I know this is asking a bit much, but if anyone is familiar with the Central NY Region, that would be great. I don’t want to have to drive far to access the collections!

Thank you very much for your help with this! Have a great weekend.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘C2C Community Archives – 2012 through 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.