Digital picture frames

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Joy Banks
      Participant

Hello,

I would like to purchase a digital picture frame to help supplement small, temporary exhibits that we do. Does anyone have any recommendations since there are quite a few out there? We have about $150-200 to spend on the item. It doesn’t need to be anything too fancy, but it should hold a nice amount of photographs and have an automatic slide show-type feature. Any features that we absolutely need or things we can live without?

Thanks!
      ~Joy

Joy M. Banks, MSLS
      Librarian
      Bok Tower Gardens

L. James Hansmann
      Participant

Hi Joy,

There are a lot of products out there as I’m sure you are well aware.  We recently purchased a NIX, 12″ inch screen which is inexpensive and suits our needs.  You create your own slide show on a thumb drive and plug it in so you can have as many programs as you want.

My only disappointment with it is that the settings for the slide show allow for three seconds, which is kind of fast, or 15 seconds, which seems an eternity at times.  You can of course manually go through the pictures, but an automatic setting for 6-8 seconds would be much better.

Jim

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘C2C Community Archives – 2012 through 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.