Creating a Disaster Plan

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

Hi all, I just participated in the webinar series “Writing a Disaster Response Plan” given by Julie Page. I came away from the last webinar slightly confused – is the full disaster plan only comprised of the appendices she provided? I was under the impression that the “red binder” full disaster plan should include a written disaster plan and also the appendices.

I am writing my organization’s disaster plan from scratch (no previous disaster plan) and am planning to buy the salvage wheel and book from Heritage Preservation, plus complete and provide the PReP to my staff. I am stumped on how to go about writing the full disaster plan, though (besides the appendices), and am wondering if any of you might have a plan I could look through to see what it should include.

I am from a small historical society (1 full time staff, 3 part time staff, and a handful of faithful volunteers), but would be interested in seeing a sample disaster plan from any size or type of institution. I am just looking for any ideas I can get.

Thanks!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • The forum ‘C2C Community Archives – 2012 through 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.