Bugs/Feature Requests

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Josh Jenkins

Hello! I’m glad to see non-profits, specially historical institutions, taking the leap into niche social networking! I also manage a buddypress supported site and have identified a number of bugs. I thought this might also serve as a nice place for others to post bugs they have found and suggest ideas for new features.

So, here goes –
      1. The “Mention this User” button is no longer need since activity updates have been disabled on this installation.
      2. The @mention span.activity ? thingy next to the username in the member-header.php is broken – possibly a jquery issue?

3. I find it slightly confusing that there is simply one group that all discussion occurs within. Perhaps a clearer navigation to the forum will help with this?

4. Commas in the about section of a user’s profile try to create tags from language that shouldn’t be tagged. I believe Boones Gorges from CUNY Academic Commons has posted a fix for this issue at some point on buddypress.org.

5. Group creation hasn’t been disabled from the dashboard as it should, because spam groups are still being created as seen at connectingtocollections.org/groups.

6. The activity feed is also accessible from connectingtocollections/activity.

I’ll continue to noodle around and see what turns up. In any event, great site!

Hi, Josh:

Thanks for your kind words about the site — and your helpful suggestions.

Re: #3 – For the launch of this community, we’ve kept things simple, with a single group to keep conversations and community members in one place. The “mayors” of the site may open up multiple groups at some point in the near future as the community grows and its needs evolve.

#4 and 5 – We’ve addressed these. Thank you.
      #1 – We may turn on activity updates soon.

Please send any future tech suggestions/issues to c2c@learningtimes.com and we’ll look into them and reply promptly. Thanks, again! We look forward to your involvement in the community.

Warm regards,
      Jonathan

Bronwyn Eves

Kristin, I would encourage you to keep the conversation topics together. I have enjoyed (and benefitted from) all the topics being in one place. We tend to sometimes get so narrow in the focus of our daily work that it’s easy to miss conversations about relevant topics and impossible to offer advice on a topic if you’re not even reading it! Collections preservation is a huge umbrella of responsibilities and this site is a wonderful resource for information exchange.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘C2C Community Archives – 2012 through 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.