AIC Proposal for a Collections Care Network

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Janice Klein

Rachel Arenstein has proposed that the American Institute for Conservation create a Collections Care Network that would “recognize the critical importance of preventive conservation as the most effective means of promoting the long-term preservation of cultural property”. The Network would provide resources, develop standards, provide training…
      For more information on the proposal go to: http://www.conservators-converse.org/2011/09/ccn-proposal/
      How can this be linked into C2C (or vice versa?)

Thanks for spotting that Janice! Heritage Preservation has seen the proposal and knows some of the conservators involved in it and we look forward to talking with them about how the idea could benefit the C2C Online Community and vice versa. Kristen

Janice Klein

I wrote to Rachel about C2C and heard back almost immediately from her with the following:

I wanted to assure you that our organizing committee is well aware of these efforts and the CCN is, in part, an effort to ensure that AIC has a body that is able to coordinate participation and response in their efforts.

I can almost see the vast network of all of us working together :-)

Janice

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘C2C Community Archives – 2012 through 2014’ is closed to new topics and replies.