Reply To: Genealogical Materials – where to donate?

How long has the family been in Cincinnati? Does the material, or good chunk of it relate to Ohio? While these may be the obvious choices, I would try contacting the Cincinnati History Library and Archives or the Ohio Historical Society. As for the cultural groups I mentioned, those were just some examples. It is quite possible that there is a cultural/ethnic society that does relate to him.

The key here is to think of a larger group that would benefit. While this material is obviously important to this man and his family, a museum, archives , or library will want to look at the collection in a wider context.

A last resort, though limited in what they will accept, may be FamilySearch While run by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, they collect materials from people of all backgrounds. (My father has been working at our local center with Jewish records from Eastern Europe.) Their donation guidelines are here https://familysearch.org/sites/default/uploads/Donations-Guidelines-REVISION-12-July-2012.pdf
The drawback with them is they seem to not accept audio-visual or 3-dimensional materials.