Barbara Heller, director and conservator of special projects at the Detroit Institute of Arts (DIA), shared the steps her institution took to better protect collections during the planning and hosting of special events.
- Practical Conservation Guidelines for Successful Hospitality Events in Historic Houses, English Heritage (664 kb, pdf)
- Museum Handbook III: Other Uses of Museum Collections, National Park Service (152 kb, pdf)
Additional Resources From the Webinar:
- Handout: Summary of policy and suggestions from DIA
- DIA’s event policy website
- Low light tolerant indoor plants
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Principles (Environmental Protection Agency)
- What to look for when choosing noise measurement equipment for Noise at Work
Recorded: Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Duration: Approximately 1:02 minutes
Guest Experts: Barbara Heller, director and conservator of special projects, Detroit Institute of Arts
Host: Jenny Wiley Arena, coordinator of communications and online learning, Heritage Preservation
PLEASE NOTE: The archive will launch in a new window; please make sure that pop-up blockers are turned off.
For closed captions, please access this via this link.