Have a specific question about collections care? You’ve come to the right place!
The Connecting to Collections Care (C2C Care) Community allows staff and volunteers at small and mid-sized institutions to post collections care questions. The forum is monitored by volunteer conservation professionals who answer questions directly or can seek the assistance of conservators and collections care professionals who provide expert assistance. All submitted questions that meet the guidelines will be posted to the community and reviewed and answered by our monitors and experts.
The forum is also used to share announcements about C2C Care webinars and courses, as well as free resources (such as grants, events, publications, etc.) of interest to our core audience of smaller institutions.
We encourage you to review additional terms of participation at https://community.culturalheritage.org/termsandconditions.
Instructions on Joining
- Create an account
- Visit https://community.culturalheritage.org/home
- Join the community by creating an account by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner of this page
- Towards the bottom left of the login screen, select New User. (Do not select the red JOIN button near the center of the page.)
- Enter your email address and select Go.
- Complete your profile. Fields marked with an R are required. The rest are optional. Skip any questions that do not apply. At the bottom of the page, click on Create Account.
- Be sure to take note of the password you create. You will need it to log in to post to the
- Select the Community button after completing your account registration and go back to the
Community page. Click on the Communities drop down and you will be taken to the list of all
the AIC Communities. Scroll down to Connecting to Collections Care and click on the JOIN
- Set your email delivery preferences. Once you are in the Community, select the Settings button and set your Email Notifications.You may choose:
- Real time: sends an email every time a new message is posted.
- Daily digest: sends one email to you each day, consolidating all of the posts from the
- No Email: allows you to be part of the group without having emails sent to you. You can still post and read others’ messages by logging into the community site.
We recommend the Daily Digest, as it allows you to follow the discussions without bombarding you with emails.
- Create an account
Forum Archives (2012-2014/2015-2018 – Read Only)
Looking for The C2C forums from 2011 through 2018? Click the button below to be redirected to these read-only reference resources.