The Connecting to Collections Care Community is the place where you can post questions about caring for your collections and receive guidance from experts. You can browse the community without creating an account, but you must create an account to post a question or to receive discussion notifications via email. To create an account, follow the instructions below. Even if you had registered in the previous Discussion Forum, you still need to create an account on the new platform.
- Create an account
- Visit https://community.culturalheritage.org/home
- Join the community by creating an account by selecting the Sign In Here button in the upper right corner of this page
- Towards the bottom of the login screen, select New User.
- Enter your email address and select Go.
- Complete your profile. Fields marked with an R are required. The rest are optional. Skip any questions that do not apply. At the bottom of the page, click on Create Account.
- Be sure to take note of the password you create. You will need it to log in to post to the
- Select the Community button after completing your account registration and go back to the
Community page. Click on the Communities drop down and you will be taken to the list of all
the AIC Communities. Scroll down to Connecting to Collections Care and click on the JOIN
You may choose:
- Real time: sends an email every time a new message is posted.
- Daily digest: sends one email to you each day, consolidating all of the posts from the
- No Email: allows you to be part of the group without having emails sent to you. You can still post and read others’ messages by logging into the community site.
We recommend the Daily Digest, as it allows you to follow the discussions without bombarding you with emails.