This 60-minute webinar covered the basic storage and handling concerns for any institution holding books, whether special collections, circulating, or strictly reference. The appropriate storage furniture, considerations for storage areas, as well as the do’s and don’ts of storage were covered.
- University of Florida Book Care – Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWRfZUsj4iE&feature=related
- University of Florida Book Care – Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKFLyrzt3Z0
- George Mason University – The FUNdamentals of Book Care in Five Easy Lessons: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX1Eiz7rLwg
- Minnesota Historical Society – To Glove or Not to Glove? (start at 2:31 for books): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGIM2JcLNwU
- British Library – Several pamphlets on the care of books: Preservation Advisory Centre – Leaflets
- PowerPoint Presentation Handout (Note a few photograph slides have been removed to reduce the file size.)
Recorded: Thursday, July 17, 2014
Duration: Approximately 65 minutes
Featured Speaker: Donia Conn, Preservation Consultant for Cultural Heritage Collections and adjunct faculty for the Simmons College Graduate School of Library and Information Science
For closed captions, please access this via this link.