Recorded: Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Archive | January, 2018
Structural Fire Program Strategic Plan 2017 -2022 Source: National Park Service This document can be used as a model to develop a Fire Strategic Plan.
Reference Manual 58 Structural Fire Management Source: National Park Service Reference Manual 58: Structural Fire Management provides detailed and comprehensive guidance on implementing a service-wide structural fire management policy for the National Park Service. The National Park Service’s policy on structural fire is expressed in the NPS Management Policies and in Director’s Order 58: Structural […]
CopyrightX Source: Harvard Law School CopyrightX explores the current law of copyright; the impact of that law on art, entertainment, and industry; and the ongoing debates concerning how the law should be reformed. Through a combination of recorded lectures, assigned readings, weekly seminars, live interactive webcasts, and online discussions, participants in the course examine and […]
Digital Image Capture and File Storage: Guide for Best Practice Source: Historic England Digital technology is still in its infancy compared with the long-established technique of using silver-based emulsions on glass plate or film to produce images that have, with suitable development and storage, proven to be stable and enduring. Some would argue that our […]
The Care of Feathers Source: The Bishop Museum Art Conservation Handout The delicacy, resiliency, and exquisite beauty of feathers have captivated people for centuries. Almost every culture has used feathers in some manner to enhance personal adornments, sacred or ritual objects, and decorative arts. Feathers also have many functional uses, down comforters and quill pens […]
Suggested Practices for Museum Collections Space Security Source: The Cultural Properties Council of ASIS International and The American Alliance of Museums (2013) The Cultural Properties Council of ASIS International has adopted Suggested Practices for Museum Collections Space Security, as described in this document. “Suggested practices” are not best practices, and this document does not attempt […]
Risk management for heritage collections Source: CCI – Canadian Conservation Institute Are risks to your collection keeping you awake at night? As resources shrink and demand for access grows, heritage professionals confront new challenges in the management of their collections. Should objects be exhibited in non-museum spaces? Is it safe to hold a public event […]
- Insurance – How to Manage Your Organization’s Risk Recorded: December 5, 2019
- How to Change a Lightbulb: LED Lighting for Museums Recorded: November 21, 2019
- Collection Facility Planning: Preparing for the Next Renovation Recorded: October 29, 2019
- Practical Book Repair Recorded: Thursday, October 3,, 2019
- C2C Care Course: Cleaning the Museum Without Damage Four webinar course, originally recorded October 10 - October 31, 2019.
- Archival Processing – Principles and Practical Strategies Recorded: Thursday, September 5, 2019
- Don’t Fan the Flames: Understanding fire and what to do about it Recorded: Wednesday, August 21, 2019
- HVAC Installation, Renovation, and Collections Environments – An Introduction Recorded: Tuesday, July 9, 2019
- C2C Care Course: Making the Most of Your Assessment Four webinar course, originally recorded July 10 - August 7, 2019.
- An Introduction to Herbaria and Herbarium Practices Recorded: Thursday, May 9, 2019
- Exploring Old Loans: A Quest for Resolution Recorded: Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Planning for Natural Disaster Damage in Botanical Collections Recorded: Tuesday, March 12, 2019
- When Copyright and Cultural Collections Converge Recorded: Wednesday, February 27, 2019
- C2C Care Course: Collections Management for Smaller Cultural Institutions Four webinar course, originally recorded February 12 - March 5, 2019.
- C2C Care Course: Planning Your RE-ORG Project Six webinar course, originally recorded March 20 - June 5, 2019
- Demystifying Silica Gel for Effective Microclimates Recorded: Tuesday, January 22, 2019
ALCTS Preservation The Big Picture Webinar Series Source: ALCTS, Association for Library Collections and Technical Services This is a series of 39 webinars on the care of library and archives materials including book repair, digital and audiovisual matters, scrapbooks, textiles, disaster planning and response, storage issues, environmental monitoring, and suppliers.