In this webinar, Kathleen Kiefer and Petra Slinkard, of the Indianapolis Museum of Art, shared their process for mounting garments for display. Providing both a conservation and curatorial perspective, Kathleen and Petra focused specifically on mounting to mannequins.
- PowerPoint Presentation: Mounting Garments for Display
- Webinar Handout: Mannequin References and Supplies
- Mannequin Measurements Diagram
- The Indianapolis Museum of Art on Conservation Reel (See page two for a video on displaying Mola Textiles on custom forms with Kathleen Kiefer.)
- IMA TV: Mannequin Preparation with Petra Slinkard
- Goldsmith Mannequins
- Rootstein Mannequins
- LV Mannequins
- Kyoto Mannequins
- Dress Forms
- Fashion Encyclopedia
- Vintage Fashion Guild
- Fashion Era
- FDIM Blog
- Light Impressions
- Threaded (Smithsonian)
- Australian Dress Registry
- Relevant blog posts from the Indianapolis Museum of Art: So, What If It Doesn’t Fit?, Building a Bird(man) House, From One into Another, and Who’s that girl? Part 1: Mannequin preparation.
Recorded: Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Duration: Approximately 1:20 minutes
Guest Experts: Kathleen Kiefer, Senior Conservator of Textiles, Indianapolis Museum of Art & Petra Slinkard, Curatorial Associate, Textile and Fashion Arts, Indianapolis Museum of Art
Host: Jenny Wiley Arena, Coordinator of Communications and Online Learning, Heritage Preservation
PLEASE NOTE: The archive will launch in a new window; please make sure that pop-up blockers are turned off.