Caring for Yesterdayâ€™s Treasuresâ€”Today is aÂ series of free, online courses about the preservation of archival and historical collections. Tailored to the needs of staff and volunteers at libraries and archives, each course has included four to six interactive webinars presented by preservation experts.
While registration is now closed for our series, the content is still available. We’ve archived all of our online courses in their entirety, from webinar recordings to handouts to resources. Feel free to explore at your own pace! Simple click on one of our courses below.
- Collections Care Basics: Where Do I Begin? â€“ January 2013
- Risk Evaluation: First Step in Disaster Planning â€“ February 2013
- Protecting Your Collections: Writing a Disaster Response Plan â€“ March 2013
- Caring for Digital Materials: Preventing a Digital Dark Age â€“ April 2013
- Caring for Photographic Materials â€“ May 2013
- Fundraising for Collections Care â€“ September and October 2013
- Caring for Audiovisual Materials â€“ October 2013 (Webinar recordings coming soon.)
- Outreach Activities for Collections Care â€“ November 2013 (Webinar recordings coming soon.)
Caring for Yesterdayâ€™s Treasuresâ€”Today is made possible through an Institute of Museum and Library Services Laura Bush 21st Century Librarian Continuing Education grant to Heritage Preservation. The website and webinars are produced by Learning Times.